Count Duckula, "the last in a long line of vampire barons", has been going through a rough patch. While awaiting his breakfast of "hot cocoa and chocky bickies", Nanny's tomfoolery nearly kills Duckula and he decides that he has had enough. He wants to give up his title and run away to South America. In order to remind him of his proud heritage, Igor takes him through the castle's picture gallery to show him some of his noble ancestors. While being lectured about the pictures, Duckula asks Igor about his great-uncle's great-uncle, the Archduck McGanza. Igor explains McGanza's lifelong ambition to find the "Mystic Saxophone", an instrument known to give anyone who plays it the power over life and death. This excites Duckula, who wants to find the saxophone himself, thus fulfilling Archduck McGanza's legacy.
Duckula, Nanny, and Igor set off to Egypt to find the saxophone using the castle's teleporter. The Crow Brothers, who were overhearing Igor's story about the legend of the Mystic Saxophone earlier, are unwittingly tagged along with them. The two parties set off to find the saxophone and a lot of trouble ensues.
- In the background of the scene where Duckula is playing the Mystic Saxophone, we can see a brief first appearance of the character, Dr. Von Goosewing.
- This episode is included among the extras on the 'Danger Mouse' Season 2 DVD, 'Close Encounters of the Absurd Kind'.
- In the flashback about Archduck McGanza, Duckula's Great-uncle's Great-uncle doesn't have fangs. In "The Rest is History", the first Count Duckula didn't have fangs until he was bitten by a bat.
- Igor (referring to the sound The Crow Brothers make when they fall to the ground): "That would be Nanny making the pastry, my lord."
- Count Duckula: "Not a nudist Nanny, Anubis! It's a statue of Anubis!!"
- Dmitri: "What are they calling a pyramid with windows in it?... A tomb with a view!"
- Duckula: "Well Nanny, no one can say you didn't have a lot of openings in life."